As I woke up to get my 4.00am glass of water my mind was restless. So I tried to get back in bed but my thoughts of Pres. Hinckley kept me from doing so....
President Hinckley was 97-years-old, when he died this last January. I still miss him terribly. I miss his smile, his jokes, his testimony and when he'd wave his cane to the audience. It just makes me happy to know that he's with his sweetheart again.
This quote is one of my many favorites."Being humble means being teachable. It means acknowledging where our strengths and abilities come from. It also means recognizing that we are not here on earth to see how important we can become, but to see how much difference we can make in the lives of others."
I have had a hard week. I'm trying to make some changes in my life, but I am so impatient with myself. I am not a "long distance" kind of a person. I would rather just "run sprints" and get it over with fast. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way and I keep learning that lesson over and over the hard way. Two of my favorite scriptures are Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little" and 1 Nephi 16:29 "...And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things." You would think I could apply this to my life more often. Anyway, I listened to President Monson's talk from the last general conference again today and it really helped. A tender mercy of the Lord. I was reminded to make sure those you love know you love them. Here are a few of my favorite quotes he shared. “Find joy in the journey...NOW” -"You pile up enough tomorrows and you will find you've collected a lot of empty yesterdays" -Music Man "Rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, of the here and now. Doing all we can to provide pleasant memories in the future." -President Monson




0 comments:
Post a Comment